We are a biotechnology-focused venture capital firm seeking Venture Fellows interested in learning about venture capital by investing in lifesaving medicines.
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
- Analyze materials provided by potential investees and enrich them with independently sourced information
- Source and conduct interviews with subject matter experts and management references
- Learn key aspects of qualitative and quantitative analysis—including financial modeling—to contribute to investment memoranda
- Utilize a suite of computational tools for competitive landscaping and characterization
You are passionate about cutting-edge biotechnology and have demonstrable research skills.
You are pursuing one of:
- An MD, PharmD, or PhD in a relevant discipline, such as biology, chemistry, or bioinformatics, or
- An MBA or JD, with a scientific or technical background in a relevant discipline at the undergraduate level
We are long-term investors in engineering biology to treat—or better, cure—human disease.
We invest in groundbreaking medicines across disease area, financing stage, and geography, with a focus on programs in, or about to enter, human trials.
We are curious, rigorous, collaborative, and passionate about our work; we are also long-term investors in our team.
- Learn venture investing by working with a well-capitalized, long-term investor in lifesaving medicines
- Work in an engaging environment, with a great team committed to building a great organization
- Gain valuable career experience through a hands-on fellowship program, with potential to move into a permanent role on the team if mutually agreed
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and brief cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm CST on September 16th. An overview of key program dates can be found below:
- Sep. 16 – Resume and cover email submissions due
- Sep. 23 – First round interview invitations sent
- Oct. 14 – Case study materials circulated to selected candidates
- Oct. 21 – Case studies due by 11:59 pm CST
- Oct. 28 – Final round interview invitations sent
- Nov. 8 – Venture Fellow offers sent
- Jan. 2, 2023 – Apr. 28, 2023 – Venture Fellow program (10 – 20 hours per week)
SymBiosis is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability status, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.