We are a biotechnology-focused venture capital firm seeking Operating Advisors driven to use their networks and expertise to source and improve therapeutics companies.
Location: Global biotechnology hub, such as San Francisco/San Diego, CA, Boston, MA, London/Oxford/Cambridge, UK or Basel/Zurich, Switzerland
- Develop relationships with biotechnology entrepreneurs, operators, and investors, and source potential new investments
- Assist the team in scientific, technical, and operational due diligence—both directly, and by sourcing relevant subject matter experts
- Work with portfolio companies as a board member, board observer, consultant, or fractional executive
- Serve as a subject matter expert with respect to your scientific and operational areas of expertise, as well as your geographic area
You are passionate about connecting with entrepreneurs, building world-class organizations, and developing lifesaving medicines for patients.
- An MD, PharmD, or PhD in a relevant discipline such as biology, chemistry, or bioinformatics
- A robust network and deep operational expertise in the biopharma sector developed from experience as a biopharma CEO, CMO, CSO, or CTO, or a direct report to any of the foregoing
You can dedicate 90 hours per quarter to SymBiosis on a non-exclusive basis, with a weekly minimum of two hours, and a weekly maximum of twenty hours when engaged in deep due diligence.
We are long-term investors in engineering biology to treat—or better, cure—human disease.
We invest in groundbreaking medicines across disease area, financing stage, and geography, with a focus on programs in, or about to enter, human trials.
We are curious, rigorous, collaborative, and passionate about our work; we are also long-term investors in our team.
- Be an early core team member in a well-capitalized, long-term investor in lifesaving medicines
- Work in an engaging environment, with a great team committed to building a great organization
- Contribute to the development of a high-return portfolio of biotechnology investments
- Work remotely in an engaging environment, with a great team committed to building a great organization
- Grow into a Venture Partner role
Interested candidates should submit a resume and brief cover email to email@example.com.
SymBiosis is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability status, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.